UCNS is open to all children regardless of race, religion or creed, who may benefit from our type of program.
Children enrolled must attain their class age by December 31. The UCNS Board reserves the right to withdraw any child who doesn't meet the requirements for functioning effectively in a group setting.
UCNS, licensed by the State of Connecticut, requires
that children enrolled in all of our programs be toilet
trained. UCNS is not licensed to change diapers.
1. UCNS WILL USE THE FOLLOWING PRIORITY STATUS WHEN CONSIDERING APPLICATIONS:
a. Current students
b. Siblings of current students
c. Siblings of former students
d. Children of United Church of Rowayton (UCR) members
e. Students of Maureen Bloom’s Playdates
f. All other applicants
2. Applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year.
Download 2013-14 Registration Application
3. Completed applications should be returned along with a non-refundable $80.00 registration fee by January 15, 2013. Applications received without the $80.00 registration fee will be returned.
4. If a spot is available for your child, you will be notified, and an enrollment contract will be sent to you. We require that you sign the enrollment contract, and return a signed copy along with a $500 non-refundable deposit in order to secure a spot for your child for the 2013-2014 school year. Enrollment contracts must be received by no later than January 30, 2013. After that time, we will open up available spots to applicants on our waiting list.
5. FOR THOSE APPLYING TO THE THREES AND FOURS: There are eighteen (18) spaces each in our Threes and Fours programs. All children currently enrolled in our current Twos and Threes programs will be accepted into our 2013-2014 programs. The remaining applicants will be accepted according to the enrollment priority status above.
6. FOR THOSE APPLYING TO THE PRE-K: There are twelve (12) spaces in our Pre-K Program. Enrollment priority is defined above. If there are more than twelve current fours applying to the program, enrollment priority will be based on the enrollment date for the current school year, and the enrollment priority status defined above.
7. UCNS reserves the right to consider the boy/girl ratio when placing children. UCNS cannot guarantee specific requests for class placement.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Paula Keller, Director, UCNS, or call (203) 853-3554.